Dalli Cardillo (La Trinacria Dalli Cardillo SpA, Via Unità d'Italia 88 - 92100 Agrigento - Italy - Tel: +39 0922 60 20 80) knows that you care how your personal data is used and we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains how Dalli Cardillo (as a controller) collect and manage your personal data. It contains information on what data we collect, how we use it, why we need it and how it can benefit you.
Contact us here (accesso alla sezione dedicata clieccando su here) if you have any queries and comments, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights.
Dalli Cardillo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, and/or add all or parts of this Privacy Statement, at any time. Any change to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this page. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our information practices. We will indicate above the date on which this Privacy Statement was last modified. Your continued use of our websites constitutes your agreement to the Privacy Statement and any updates. If you do not agree to any changes, you must discontinue using our websites. This privacy statement was last updated on June 18, 2019.
2. Basic principles and our privacy commitment
At Dalli Cardillo we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We aim to protect any personal data we hold, to manage your personal data in a responsible way and to be transparent in our practices. Your trust is important to us. We have therefore committed ourselves to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide any personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with some services or products;
- We only collect and process your data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for specific purposes that we share with you and/or that you have consented to;
- We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we do collect your personal data, we aim to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
3. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect varies depending upon the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you.
Generally, we may collect the following types of personal data from you directly:
- Personal contact data, such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- Communications with us, which may include details of our conversations via chat, care lines and/or customer service lines;
- Demographic information, such as your age and gender and lifestyle preferences. Lifestyle preferences may include your preference for some of the products we offer, and your interests related to those products;
- Browser history, such as pages accessed, date of access, location when accessed, and IP address;
- Information related to your health;
- Information about people other than you, such as personal data about your family members, when you provide such information directly to us;
- Social media profiles;
We may also collect personal data about you indirectly when:
- you share content on social media pages, websites or applications related to our products or in response to our promotional material on social media; or
- we read or collect personal data about you by reading information collected by other websites (for instance, we may place an ad on a third party website, and when you click on that ad, we may receive information about you and other website visitors in order to measure the reach and success of that ad).
4. Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect your personal data so we can provide you with the best online experience and to provide you with a high quality of customer service. In particular we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our everyday business needs in connection with your participation in our contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or request;
- To verify the identity or age of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of customers, in order to improving our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services;
- to invite you or to allow you to participate in surveys or programs, or to notify you about special events by electronic mail or other electronic communication means (including e-mail, sms, etc.);
- To provide personalized products and communications as well as product recommendations to you as customers;
- to fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data.
We may also need your personal data to comply with legal obligations or in the context of a contractual relationship that we have with you.
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Please note that it may be that some of the Personal Data you provide to us or that certain questions raised to participate to certain programs on our websites are considered as sensitive or health related Personal Data under applicable data protection laws. We shall only process such data when legally compliant on the basis of your express and written consent. Please note that by providing such information or answering such questions prior to the setting up the program and by accepting this Privacy Statement, you indeed give your express and written consent to the processing of such Personal Data (whether or not under the supervision of a health professional). Such consent is valid for the period of your registration to the program but you have the right to withdraw it at any time by contacting us as indicated in this Privacy Statement. Such Personal Data shall only be processed for the purpose of your participation in such program and access thereof shall be limited to persons with a need to know for the purpose of your participation in the program.
5. Your rights
Where we process your personal data, you are entitled to a number of rights and can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights via our contact page (si apre la sezione dedicata cliccando su contact page) Please note that for identification purposes, you should provide us with a copy of your valid ID card or any other valid identification document.
5.1. The right to access your personal data and correction
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
5.2. The right to data portability
Your personal data is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies where:
- The processing is based on your consent;
- The processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
- The processing takes place by automated means;
If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, please contact us.
5.3. The right to deletion of your personal data
You have right to request that we delete your data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for Alproâs legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or
- your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it. For direct marketing purposes, we will delete, destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data 3 years after the latest contact with you, unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under applicable law.
5.4. The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead;
- or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- or you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
If you wish to restrict our processing of your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
5.5. The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for which you can contact us at any time.
5.6. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority (www.garanteprivacy.it) about how we process personal data.
6. How we protect your personal data
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We make our best efforts - and require the same from any service provider and/or third party processor processing Personal Data on our behalf and under our instructions - to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt personal data.
However, no electronic transmission or storage of information is 100% secure. Therefore, despite the security measures that we have put in place to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of data will not occur.
Our websites are not directed at collecting Personal Data from minors (i.e. children under 18 years old). In order to protect minors, any visitor of our websites willing to participate to certain programs will have to communicate his/her year of birth in order to register for the program. Minors will not be allowed to register for the program. If we are notified or otherwise learn that a minor has submitted Personal Data to us through our websites, we will delete that minor's Personal Data.
8. Sharing of your personal data
When we share your personal data with affiliates and other organizations, we make sure we only do so with organizations that safeguard and protect your personal data and comply with applicable privacy laws in the same or similar way that we do.
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
Your personal data will be shared with the following third parties for the purposes described:
- Third parties providing services on our behalf
We may employ third party processors or suppliers to perform functions on our behalf; examples include hosting or operating websites, fulfilling orders for products and services purchased through our websites, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data for the purpose of performing such functions on our behalf.
Dalli Cardillo may also disclose your Personal Data to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the Web Sites or the public.
- Non-Personal Information
We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and web site usage information with third parties, including affiliates and related companies of the group.
- Contests and Promotions
We may offer contests, and other promotions through the websites that may require registration. If you choose to enter a contest or other promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list.
- Business Transfers
Dalli Cardillo may share the Personal Data collected through the websites with and among the websites, and may share the Personal Data with its subsidiaries and affiliates. A list of these entities is available upon request. Dalli Cardillo or any of it assets, including the websites, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personal information is one of the key business assets for the transaction. In such a case, your Personal Data may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, Dalli Cardillo reserves the right to disclose and transfer user information, including Personal Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of Dalli Cardillo, in whole or in part; or in the event of a corporate reorganization, bankruptcy, insolvency proceeding, or similar circumstance, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
We may disclose information about our users, including your Personal Data, in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other valid law enforcement measures; to comply with a legal obligation; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the websites and applicable laws; or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of our websites, our users or others. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
9. Sharing data internationally
Personal data will normally be processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). When exceptionally processed outside the EEA, Alpro will make sure that this cross-border data processing is protected by adequate safeguards.
The safeguards that we use to protect cross-border data processing include:
- Model Contractual Clauses approved by European Commission. These standardized contractual clauses provide sufficient safeguards to meet the adequacy and security requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation; or
- certifications which demonstrate that third parties outside of the EEA process personal data in a way that is consistent with the European General Data Protection Regulation. These certifications are approved either by the European Commission, a competent supervisory authority or a competent national accreditation body in terms of General Data Protection Regulation.
10. Link to other websites
11. Automated decision-making and profiling
For some services and products we and our third-party service providers may process your personal data using automated means. Such information may consist of your internet browser type, operating system, service provider, the web pages you viewed, the time you viewed them and for how long, demographic information about you (such as your age, gender, language, location and interest areas, where available) and what web pages you looked at before viewing the current page. We use this information to get a better idea of how our users interact with our web sites and then tailor and improve our websites accordingly. Such information generally cannot be linked to you individually, but if we can link it to you then we treat it as your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may also process your personal data for profiling purposes to predict your behavior on our website and targeted marketing activities for our products that may be of interest to you.
You can object to these processes in advance. You are also free to contact us for further information on such processing.
12. Cookies and other technologies
This may occur when you visit our sites or third-party sites, view our online promotions, or use our/third-party mobile applications and may include the following information:
- Information about your device browser and operating system;
- The IP address of the device you are using;
- Web pages of ours that you view;
- Links that you click while interactive with our services.
Please see our cookie statement for more information on this.
13. How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal data, please contact us via our contact page.
Terms and Conditions of Use / Disclaimer Legal notice
The entire content of the Dalli Cardillo Website including all website design, texts, lay-out, drawings, photos, films, graphics and any other elements of these web pages, and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the sole and exclusive property and copyright of the Dalli Cardillo or are included with permission of the relevant right holder, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of the Dalli Cardillo Website for the sole purpose of executing arrangements in a specific agreement with Dalli Cardillo and provided that you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices.
Any other use of materials on the Dalli Cardillo Website, including reproduction, adaptation, modification, translation, distribution, republication or linking into for personal, public or commercial purposes, other than those noted above without the prior explicit written permission of Dalli Cardillo is strictly prohibited.
Any downloading or otherwise copying from the Dalli Cardillo Website will not transfer title to any right, software or material to you. Any infringement will be pursued by appropriate legal action.
Dalli Cardillo is providing the Dalli Cardillo Website "as is" and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy or comprehensiveness of this site or its contents and assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or possible obsolescence, including for latent/hidden defects.
In particular but without limitation, Dalli Cardillo makes no representations or warranties that:
- the information on the Dalli Cardillo Website is merchantable or fit for a particular purpose;
- the information on the Dalli Cardillo Website is accurate, complete or current;
- you will be able to use the Dalli Cardillo Website, that the Dalli Cardillo Website or its content will be uninterrupted or error-free or that it will continue to be made available in its current or any other form;
- the information published on the Website is by no means to be considered as medical advice. The information consists of general information that fits in a healthy diet.
- the Dalli Cardillo Website or any software or material of whatsoever nature available on or downloaded from it will be free from viruses or defects (including hidden/ latent defects) and compatible with your equipment.
It is your responsibility to:
- use anti-virus software on any software or other material that you may download from the Dalli Cardillo Website and to ensure compatibility of such software or material with your equipment
- check any content or information published on the Dalli Cardillo Website to be accurate or complete
The Dalli Cardillo Website may contain links to third-party websites. Dalli Cardillo is not responsible for the editorial content of any other website you may link to from this Website; the content of such sites is developed and provided by others; you should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such sites.
In no event shall Dalli Cardillo (subject only to the exclusion provisions below) be liable contractually and / or extra-contractually, whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Dalli Cardillo Website, the Dalli Cardillo Website content, including any special, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of goodwill, loss of business opportunity, loss of profit, loss of data or damages resulting from any computer virus or other bug transmitted through the Dalli Cardillo Website; delay, interruption in service, deletion of files or errors, omissions or inaccuracies on the Dalli Cardillo Website or its content; your use of or reliance on other websites to which you have gained access by means of hyperlinks published on the Dalli Cardillo Website; your failure to comply with any laws or regulations that are applicable to you or your reliance on any information published on the Dalli Cardillo Website.
Nothing in this legal notice shall operate to exclude or restrict our liability for either fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our, or our employees' gross negligence or willful misconduct.
This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, but not limited to compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Copyrights for the photographs reproduced herein are vested with the individual photographers or the Dalli Cardillo, and may not be reproduced in any form without prior permission from the creators.
Governing law and jurisdiction
La Trinacria Dalli Cardillo SpA, Via Unità d'Italia 88 - 92100 Agrigento - Italy - Tel: +39 0922 60 20 80.